Sheptin Tutoring Group
At Sheptin Tutoring Group
The test is offered once per year, usually in late October. It is open to eighth graders or first time ninth graders. Admission to one of the schools is based on a student’s exam grade and the fit, score-wise, between the student and the school. Scoring and scaling are nebulous; the NYC Board of Education provides scant details regarding this.
At Sheptin, we strongly suggest that students preparing for this high-stakes exam begin preparing for it at least six months before the test date. There are several academic areas we like to review in detail, especially those revolving around grammar, geometry and algebra. Additionally, we want the students to take numerous practice exams beforehand, to get the experience of taking an extended, highly competitive examination.
Please call us at (914) 232-3743 to see how we can develop a plan to help your student prepare and successfully gain admission to one of these schools.
The Eight Schools That Require
The Test Are:
- The Bronx High School of Science
- The Brooklyn Latin School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- High School for Mathematics, Science and Engineering at City College of New York
- High School of American Studies at Lehman College
- Queens High School for the Sciences at York College
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Stuyvesant High School